Bit of a late one from me today.
I’m actually in the gym, but I promised I’d get this out today for you, so here it is.
My top fitness prezzies, that is…
In no particular order, here they are:
1. Kettlebells – if you’re short of time and find yourself spending a ton of money on a gym membership you never use, a kettlebell might well be your new best friend. You can get a cracking cardio workout whilst toning your muscles at the same time. Plus, you can exercise in your own home and you can even combine kettlebell exercises with regular bodyweight exercises such as press-ups, squats and burpees for maximum effect. If I was to recommend one bit of kit for you home, this would be it.
2. Paleo Blueprint – head on over to Amazon and check out the paleo books. Try not to pick one that is solely about the diet, but one that encourages a healthy lifestyle too. Mark Sisson has written a great one, so have a look for that one.
3. Tough Mudder – if you know someone who likes a challenge and is a glutton for punishment, sign them up for a Tough Mudder next year. I loved Tough Mudder and will most likely do another one next year…if I can twist a few arms, anyway.
4. Professional Help – if you or your other half are keen to get in shape or learn a new activity, then getting some professional help will speed up your results and save you a ton of time. Whether it be a nutritionist, personal trainer or coach they’ll help get things rocking and rolling, so that you don’t waste time with guess work and shoddy results.
5. Spotify (Android or IOS) – it doesn’t matter whether you’re in the gym or at home banging out a ton of burpees, you need some music mojo to help you stay on the straight and narrow. Just type in a tune you like and Spotify will works it magic. Create your fave workout playlists and listen even when you’re not online. Mrs W, I hope you’re reading this! ;)
There you go my friend.
Feel free to send this on to your other half/family member if they need a bit of guidance with what to get you.
That’s enough from me ce soir.
Time to try and turn these twiglet legs into something a bit more meaty.