Today I’m live from a…
Starbucks in Canary Wharf.
That’s where I’ve parked myself for the next couple of hours before I head out to train a personal training client of mine.
Drinking a tall (regular sized) green tea I’m writing this post and a couple of other bits and pieces for the site.
Anyway, let’s get on with these tips to help you stoke your metabolic fire…
1. Cut out wheat (bread, pasta, cereals, cakes, etc) – not only will removing wheat from your diet improve your health, it will also prevent your blood sugar from being through the roof and storing it as plain old fat.
2. Get your ass to bed early – less than 8 hours sleep and the stress hormone cortisol gets angry and brings a halt to burning belly fat.
3. Exercise everyday – Don’t worry I’m don’t mean for an hour every day or even 30 minutes, but just do something that gets your heart rate up and makes you sweat for 10 minutes plus each day.
4. Only drink calorie free drinks – this means water and herbal teas only. As well as having zero calories these drinks won’t slap your hormones in the face.
5. Find a support group – this might sound airy fairy, but whether you’re trying to lose weight or just get fit, a support group of like-minded individuals (like the forum) can really make a difference. When your mojo has been stolen by Doctor Evil, your support group will keep you on the straight and narrow and offers words of encouragement for when the going gets tough.
6. Don’t get caught out at lunch time – this time of day can be tricky for many people. Cakes, biscuits, crisps, sandwiches, fizzy drink, Gingerbread lattes outnumber your healthy options quite considerably, so make sure you know what your go to options are where you eat so that you don’t fall foul. As you know, I’m in Starbucks, and as I look around and all I see are people eating cake and drinking coffee from a giant containers posing as mugs.
7. Treat yourself once a week – my ‘Lean in 19‘ participants are allowed three squares of dark chocolate on a Sunday night. Rock and roll, eh?! This stops them falling off the wagon in spectacular fashion, as I’ve found that most people struggle to cut out the nasty’s for more than a week at a time.
Feel free to add any other tips below.