1. Arms – widest point around your bicep
2. Chest – widest point around your nips
3. Waist – around your tummy button
4. Hips – around your hip bones
5. Butt – widest point around your buttocks
6. Thighs – top of the leg (the bum line), again at the widest point.
7. Weight – but beware of getting too hung up on this one as it is not a good indicator of fat loss because muscle weighs more than fat.
8. Keep an eye on how your clothes fit – as you get more toned, they will fit better and better.
9. Take ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos: front, side and rear views – so you can see the changes yourself.
10. Take your measurements at least ‘before’ and ‘after’ but possibly also halfway through your goal period so you can keep an eye on how you are doing.