Got a healthy breakfast recipe for you to try tomorrow morning.
I dare you to give it a bash.
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME:25 mins
SERVES: 4 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 cup chopped kale
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 eggs, over easy
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the butternut squash, onion, garlic and rosemary. Cook over medium-high heat until tender. Mix in the kale and continue to cook until wilted. Season generously, with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
2. Grease another skillet with olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Individually, crack the 4 eggs into the hot skillet and do not stir. Season with salt and pepper and cook untouched for 2 minutes. The white should be crispy and the yolk runny. Place on top of the hash and serve hot. Enjoy!
Calories: 151 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 11 Sodium: 326 Fiber: 2 Protein: 8
Credit goes to my friend, Diana Keuilian, AKA the Recipe Hacker.
Original source: http://realhealthyrecipes.com/2015/01/15/breakfast-hash/
I’m guessing you’re not at work, so you can spend a bit more time in the kitchen.
You might like it :)
Why am giving you a recipe today?
Well, part of doing this healthy living lark is trying new things.
Experimenting with different recipes.
Some recipes you might like and others you might not.
But the one’s you do like will hopefully make it into your ‘go-to’ meals.
These are the meals that you eat again and again.
After all, we’re creatures of habit.
Most of us eat pretty much the same meals month after month.
So, if you can bring in a few new recipes that are healthy you’re body will thank you in the long run.
You’ll be able to get your hormones firing as they should be, lose fat and have more energy.
Sounds like a win-win situation to me.