First of all, Happy New Year to you!
I wasn’t in the best shape over Christmas (too many quality street and a few too many beers), but I’m back on track now.
How about you?
Glad to hear it.
So, every man and his dog will be looking to lose weight over the next few weeks.
Motivation is SKY HIGH after crimbo.
But it could all go to pot if you don’t follow these 7 rules.
1) Stop falling for the B.S. – there are so many fat loss pills, gizmos and gadgets it’s ridiculous.
Losing fat takes hard work, determination, commitment and sacrifice.
Don’t let anybody tell you otherwise.
2) Eat clean: meat, fish, veg, fruit, eggs, healthy fats and nuts <== you can’t go wrong with this approach.
3) Avoid liquid calories – mainly booze, but also fizzy drinks and juices.
Instead drink lots of water and herbal teas, so that your peeing left, right and centre.
4) Get some cheerleaders – your family and friends will do the job nicely.
They can make sure you stay on track and encourage you to keep up the good work.
But more importantly, tell them what you’re doing and that you need their support.
That means telling them to stop offering your biscuits, chocolates, booze, etc.
Doing this will make your life much easier whilst trying to lose weight and get fit.
5) Do the prep work – that old one about failing to plan being the same as planning to fail rings true.
Find out what sort of exercise you need to follow and what foods you should or shouldn’t eat.
6) Give yourself a goal and more importantly a deadline to work to.
I give many of my personal training clients monthly goals to achieve.
You need that little bit of focus to achieve your goals and a deadline certainly sticks a bit of pressure on you.
7) Want it more than anything else – the people who get the best results don’t muck about.
They don’t make excuses and don’t get side tracked by life’s little curve balls.
Ask yourself how badly you want this, I mean really ask yourself.
Are you willing to give it your best shot and be completely focused?
If you are you might want to consider one of my online training programs (shameless plug).
Well, whatever path you take, I wish you good luck.