So as we’ve been spending a bit of time together – I wanted to share with you some super quick facts about me so we can get to know each other more…
And below this list – I’d like to encourage you to share something about yourself too.
So – without further ado – here are 27 things you don’t know about me.
1. I fell out of a tree when I was 8 years old on to a spike railing and punctured a lung.
2. I was born in Manchester (United Kingdom) and lived there until I was 11 years old – then my family decided to move to Lincolnshire, where I stayed until I was 18. With subsequent moves further to the South of England, my accent is completely fudged and now lives in no-man’s land.
3. My fave film is Top Gun – “I feel the need, the need for speed!” However, If I’m not feeling well, my man-flu film of choice has to be Inception.
4. I used to work in a pork pie factory as a student doing all sorts of jobs, although the craziest job was putting cranberries on top of each pie for 12 hours straight (They were fun times).
5. I’ve got a Sports Science Degree from the University of Staffordshire.
6. I’ve been married 5 years and now have two daughters who keep me entertained with plenty of princess tea parties and nail polish!
7. I’m an 80’s child (just).
8. I’m a Manchester United fan.
9. I have a very butch dog named Daisy, who terrorises the neighbourhood day and night ;)
10. I don’t know the words to any songs and often make them up, which drives Mrs W crazy.
11. When I was a kid I used to play lots of football, but I soon found out that I was a basketball player and that remains my sport of choice to this day.
12. If I could have dinner with anyone in the World, dead or alive – I would choose my Dad, who sadly passed away several years ago.
13. I once jumped into a canal for two £20 pound notes – unfortunately, one sank and was never found again.
14. My fave cities in the World (apart from Brighton – where I live) are London, New York and Rome.
15. I have a serious sweet tooth, especially for chocolate – with which it’s a constant battle to control.
16. I have a bad habit of leaving cupboard doors open throughout the house (also drives Mrs W crazy).
17. I prefer beer over wine – I don’t think I’ll ever be a wine drinker.
18. One of my fave books is the 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris, which inspired me to go and live in Rome for a month.
19. If myself and Mrs W had never met, Charlize Theron would have been my wife ;)
20. I play the bongos – very badly.
21. I’ve entered “second puberty” and now have to pay close attention to the length of my eyebrow hairs on a daily basis!
22. My fave exercise in the whole wide World is the Turkish Get UP – done with a kettlebell – it’s an awesome exercise for your core.
23. If I was a biscuit I’d be a chocolate hob-nob.
24. Every morning I knock back a weird green drink that’s got stuff like wheat grass, alfalfa and broccoli in it – it’s apparently good for you.
25. A few years ago I ran the New York marathon and it was perhaps the most emotional experience of my life – my legs cramped up from mile 15 onwards.
26. I fell off a motorbike while trying to “put my knee down” on a track day – I was fine, but it scared the bejeebers out of Mrs W.
27. My 5-year old daughter often exercises at home with me – she likes to make up her own exercise names such as the “twizzer”, the “plunja” and I kid you not, the “pisser”.
OK — so that’s me.
Now it’s your turn :)
Tell me something about yourself in the comments area below!